Beauty Favourites - August 2018




Hi guys,

Hope you are all having a great day! I was thinking about what my next blog post could be about whilst I was doing my makeup and it felt like one of those lightbulb moments haha.
I'm one of those girls that LOVES makeup, I've got some little kids organiser drawers for my makeup, there are 6 drawers:
- Face
- Eyes/Eyebrows
- Blush/Contour/Highlight
- Lipsticks
- Liquid Lipsticks
- Extra beauty things like eyelashes, eyelash glue, tweezers, spare sponges etc. 

I have way too much makeup to even comprehend the fact that I'm not one of those girls that wears makeup daily. Unless I'm going on a night out, the most you'll see me wear is potentially eyebrows, eyeliner and vaseline. However, a night out....I will happily spend two hours doing my makeup, just I like people to kinda notice a a difference from when they see me daytime to night time.

So, this summer, I've been a bit lazy in all honesty. I've been going on too many nights out to use my glam products on 3/4 times a week. I know what you're probably thinking, yes...my liver does hate me. But, I've been on holiday so I've also been adjusting to being a micro-shade darker of white, I was very proud. A girls holiday was just what I needed. I will definitely do a post on it soon!!! But because my skin was nice and healthy after holiday, I didn't wanna clog it up with foundation etc. I haven't worn face makeup (concealer, foundation and primer)...in a MONTH! 

By minimalizing the makeup I use, I have discovered and rediscovered some beauty favourites.


1) Urban Decay - Naked Heat Palette.
This for me is a MUST HAVE in my makeup bag. Every night out I've gone on since about May has consisted of using this palette. The warm/shimmery reds, auburns, oranges and browns make this quite a versatile palette. I think it is a palette where you can create a multitude of looks and it would suit any skin tone. 


2) MUA - Pro Brow Kit.
I've tried so many brow products including pencils and pomades. But this powder compact was the first brow product I thoroughly love. I love the mirror, tools and variety of shades. I usually apply this to my brows using a real techniques angled brush as I find for me this works the best. This has been a go to, in both my makeup bag and handbag this summer!
3) Collection 2000 - Fast Stroke Liquid Liner.
I have been using this eyeliner for years now! Initially I found the eyeliner pens easier to use but they just kept drying out so quickly. I only have to repurchase this eyeliner every three months minimum. It's often my daily go to makeup product as it is so versatile for many makeup looks you can create. I usually opt for a thin line on my lid and then quite a subtle wing during the day but I ALWAYS make sure it's completely blocked with colour otherwise it loses the effortless wing vibe.



4) Maybelline - Lash Sensational Mascara.
I'm not the biggest fan of mascara personally. I used to really avoid putting it on as I thought all the ones I'd tried didn't add the volume to my lashes which I wanted. Until I found this one! I don't know if its the wand or the formula of the product but I love the results and actually enjoy wearing it now. I think it just finishes a eye look beautifully now!

NYX - Extra Creamy Round Lipstick (621 or Milan).
This lipstick and I have endured many adventures together. from nearly setting it on fire during a drunken night out, to nearly dropping it off a cliff. For me personally, it is the perfect pinky nude. It has a natural effect pink sheer to it and I've found that it is good for both the daytime or the evening. I use this when I want something with a slight bit of colour to it and I want to use something other than vaseline for a change. I think it would suit most skin tones very well, but for those with quite naturally pigmented lips it might not work as well.



Hope you've enjoyed that! What are your favourite makeup products to go to?

Let me know!!

Have a great day,

Erin xoxox





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Some great picks. I love the Naked Heat palette too. Never tried the Maybelline Mascara. I always go for the L'Oreal one hehe. That lipstick shade is so pretty. Lovely post my dear. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Naked heat...couldn't live without it now! The lipstick is my 'natural' go to...thought I'd lost it on a night out so I went to NYX to repurchase and I bought 612 instead of 621...I knew something was different about it aha xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks. Beautiful lip color on you

    Tiana/ fablemoonsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the naked heat palette, its also been one of my favourites this month! I must try out the collection eyeliner as I just finished my current liner!

    Rebecca | https://rebeccalouised.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I used to swear by the Primark pen liner...used it for YEARS and it was only £1.50, so that was a bonus. They must've changed the formula or something because the last two times I wore it, resulted in quite painful blisters on my eyelids and when I tried all the products I'd used again it was only that, that caused a reaction. Such a shame how I used it for so long and then reacted badly, however Collection 2000 liner is great, so in a way I'm happy it happened!x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for a comment, greatly appreciated x

Popular Posts