Life's a Beach!


Hi guys,

Hope you're all having a fantastic day! This post I'm writing is inspired by a few days away with my university friends exploring some hometowns. I personally find it incredibly interesting learning more about a person from their descriptions/explorations of their town. I like to see where people grew up, what they liked and what they did. 

As a friendship group we're all so totally, completely different that if our friendship was allocated due to similarities and interests - we shouldn't be friends and the 5 of us shouldn't work....but somehow it does. We're all so passionate about many different things that it means even though the others might not share our interests, they're probably passionate enough for all of us. Although our interests vary, we're all so supportive of each other and would never be anything but supportive.

Summer break from university is brilliant, I love my own time and meeting up with my childhood/school/college friends but most of all spending time with my Mum. However, whilst I'm home for such a long time, it does often feel like I'm an alternative version of Hannah Montana, living two completely separate lives. I readapt to life back home where I am ultimately less independent and it is very hard to readjust when I go back to university. Probably the hardest thing though is not seeing my friends that I live with and endure 24/7 in term time, for basically 2 months. 

This year we all decided that we really shouldn't leave it so long until we see each other, so we dedicated a few days throughout August to spend with each other in a few peoples hometowns. It was such a lovely few days!!!

Firstly, we took a trip to Christchurch and Bournemouth for a few days. I genuinely forgot how much I missed being by the sea. We spent an evening having a pamper night in Christchurch with a Chinese takeaway, what more would you want from a girls night?

The following day we took to Bournemouth to do a bit of exploring. Being from down South anyway, I've done a multitude of day trips to Bournemouth with friends. We started off in the town centre, went for some lunch and did some retail therapy.


We then went to Fisherman's Walk where my housemate has a beach hut. It was such a nice and chilled vibe at the beach. It was typical English weather so as you can imagine...the sea was FREEZING!! But nevertheless it was a great time! My favourite part of this trip to the beach was walking through a 'park' before getting to the beach. The way the trees looked and how green it all was, I truly felt like I was in a Fairy Garden. Sometimes when I think things like that, I truly have to question whether I'm actually 20 or still 12. Another thing I found really cool was the Jimmy's Coffee sign on the corner of the shop, I had no idea it was founded in Bournemouth/Christchurch!!


Fairy Garden

Jimmy's Iced Coffee Sign
That evening we went for a night out in Cameo, it was a really fun night! The following day we took a trip to Southampton for the evening, everybody stayed at mine. We had some pre-drinks and then a memorable night at the almighty Popworld (my second home). It was so nice but weird to have everybody in my hometown on a night out - but I loved it.

We got a taxi home from the club at 3am and came back to my house, my Mum like me is a night owl so I wasn't surprised when she was awake at 3am after we'd played in the park outside. However, I was SHOOK when she suggested to my intoxicated friends and I that we could go to the beach to watch the sunrise...and that's exactly what we did!

We did the 25 minute journey, Mum drove don't worry, and arrived at Calshot Beach. We all scurried out of the car to the water's edge. Us girls made the sensible decision to just paddle out feet in the water, bearing in mind it was currently 5am so the temperature of the sea was FREEZING! The male of the house however thought he'd show us how it's done and went fully into the water, I thought he was going to catch hypothermia!! Regardless of the pain that the stones were causing our bare feet. The sunrise was spectacular, so mesmerising! I struggled to comprehend we were in England!

It's safe to say that when we returned home at 6:30am, we were KNACKERED! But we all slept for a few hours, watched TV and then went to Ikea. Sadly the others all had to go home that day, but we all appreciated every moment we spent together. Calshot beach was probably my favourite thing that we did, I loved it!!

Until next time,

Erin xo


Comments

  1. I loved reading this post - mainly because I live in New Forest! My fave place to go is Calshot, I was actually there at the weekend as my friend has a beach hut down there and we had a BBQ! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

    Emma - www.lifeofemamx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for a comment, greatly appreciated x

Popular Posts