Blogmas Day 2 - House Christmas!

Hey guys,

As I've said in a few blog posts before, I am a university student in England and I love it a lot. I live with some of the best people I've ever known and I am incredibly lucky to do so! As we are all students from all over the country, it means we never get a chance near to Christmas to see each other. That is why we do 'House Christmas'. The first year we lived together we did it on the 25th of November to make it authentically only a month too early, but due to some prior family commitments of a few people in the house, this year our Christmas was on the 30th of November, conveniently a day after we finished university for Christmas.

So we kicked off the day festivities with Secret Santa because we were all up a lot earlier than we imagined. We had all placed the presents under the tree at various times the night before so it was still a secret, who had who.
When it came to opening the presents we were meant to wait until after lunchbut we were all too excited. I got a lot of lovely and thoughtful gifts from my secret Santa (another post coming soon!). In a delightful bag with my face on it!

After we opened presents came the real hard graft of the day. We were all still in our pyjamas prepping the veg together in the kitchen with our Christmas CDs. I mean, how more English could you get? We had tea too! I somehow got the job of dicing the rutabaga (swede) and onions. I cried because of the onions and also managed to get a knife stuck in the swede that I had to cut around haha. Safe to say swede's aren't my forte of expertise!

A few hours later. DINNER WAS COMPLETE! We all surprisingly put so much effort into Christmas dinner together this year, the previous year the chef of the house did it alone because we all had work. So it was really nice to do it together this year, as it was our last one together. We did however think we budgeted wellt his year to avoid leftovers, that was not the case whatsoever. We've got food in the fridge and we all made ourselves uncomfortably full by piling our plates to the brim, safe to say NONE of us were hungry!




House Christmas will definitely be one of my favourite memories and traditions from university, can't believe it was our last one!

Do you have any Christmas traditions? Leave me a comment!!

Until next time,

Erin xo



Comments

  1. It looks like you had a great time ! Nothing better than kicking off the festive season with a secret Santa and lots of food! Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for a comment, greatly appreciated x

Popular Posts